In-silico Drug Discovery Market: Introduction
- Drug development and discovery is a lengthy, intense, and interdisciplinary endeavor. It is mostly portrayed as a consecutive and linear process that starts with lead and target discovery, followed by lead optimization and pre-clinical in-vivoand in-vitro studies to define if such compounds fulfill a number of pre-set criteria to start clinical development.
Request Brochure –
- In-silico drug discovery methods help find drug targets via bioinformatics tools. These methods can also be utilized to analyze target structures for possible active/binding sites, check for their drug likeness, generate candidate molecules, rank them according to their binding affinities, dock these molecules with the target, and further optimize molecules to improve binding characteristics.
- Usually, drugs were discovered by synthesizing compounds in a time-consuming multi-step processes against a battery of in vivo biological screens and further investigating promising candidates for their metabolism, potential toxicity, and pharmacokinetic properties. These types of development processes have resulted in high attrition rates with failures attributed to animal toxicity, lack of efficacy, adverse effects in humans, poor pharmacokinetics, and various miscellaneous and commercial factors.
- Presently, the drug discovery process has been reformed with the advent of bioinformatics, genomics, proteomics, and efficient technologies such as virtual screening, high throughput screening (HTS), combinatorial chemistry, in silico ADMET screening, and structure-based drug design
Request COVID Analysis on Insilico Drug Discovery Market –
Key Drivers of Global In-silico Drug Discovery Market
- Growth in the biomarker identification area, focus on reduction in readmission rates and medical errors, computational technological advancements in the field of computational biology, and advancements in In-silico drug discovery techniques are key factors that are expected to drive the global in-silico drug discovery market during the forecast period
Protein Segment to Dominate the Global Market
- In terms of type of large molecule, the global in-silico drug discovery market can be classified into antibodies, proteins, peptides, nucleic acid, gene therapy, and vectors
- The protein segment is estimated to dominate the global in-silico drug discovery market during the forecast period
- Increase in the patient population with novel diseases, such as COVID-19, is expected to drive the segment during the forecast period
- According to a study published in the Journal Molecular Informatics 2020, in-silico drug discovery is being carried out for targeting SARS?CoV?2 proteins through docking and consensus ranking
Request Customization on Insilico Drug Discovery Market Report –
North America to Dominate the Global In-silico Drug Discovery Market
- In terms of region, the global in-silico drug discovery market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global in-silico drug discovery market during the forecast period.
- Technological advancements, presence of strong vendors, large patient population suffering from various chronic and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19 and chronic kidney disease, and increasing governments focus on improvement of healthcare infrastructure are expected to drive the in-silico drug discovery market in the region during the forecast period.
Pre Book Insilico Drug Discovery Market Report –
Key Players Operating in Global In-silico Drug Discovery Market
Key players operating in the global in-silico drug discovery market are:
- Sundia MediTech
- Sygnature Discovery
- Viva Biotech
- Creative Biostructure
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453