Selling online is all about getting your product in front of the right audience. These are five Amazon marketing strategies Amazon sellers can use to get an edge over their competitors.
1. Amazon Advertising
Amazon advertising is undoubtedly the best way to increase sales. According to a recent study, Amazon advertising has a 400% ROI.
Similar to Google search ads, Amazon ads look similar. These ads appear when a user searches Amazon for the keywords the advertiser is targeting. They also appear on product pages as well as at the bottom of pages. Just like Google Ads, you are charged every time someone clicks on your advertisement.
These are some tips to help you get started with Amazon PPC advertising.
- Before you can post ads on Amazon, you will need to have a Seller/Vendor account. When you sell through Amazon Seller Central, you are considered a seller third-party. You should start with a product that is selling well and that you believe will sell quickly.
- Amazon Self Serve Ads are similar to Google Search Ads, while Amazon Premium Ads function as Google Display Ads. Self Serve ads are the best option for beginners.
- Your campaigns should be organized by product category. You can create Amazon ad groups according to each product category.
- Make sure your ad copy is relevant and engaging. Be sure that your text is relevant to your product.
- Your ads will stand out with creativity and appropriate humor.
- Amazon ads are available in three formats: Amazon Sponsored Product Ads (Amazon Sponsored Products Ads), Headline Search Ads (Amazon Display Ads), and Display Ads. Try all three formats of Amazon ads to find the one that gives you the best results for products.
- All product specifications are important to customers.
2. Amazon SEO
Amazon is the most popular place to search for product information. Optimizing your product listing is crucial to make it easy for people to find products similar to yours. Buyers may search for products with different attributes such as size, type, and material. They may also type the product name, such as a waterproof hiking backpack. A detailed product description is helpful in both cases.
- Product titles are the most important ranking factor for your amazon SEO. (Learn more about Amazon SEO by using this dedicated SellerApp’s Amazon SEO Strategies blog). The product title should contain the most relevant keywords. The title should contain the following: Your brand name, a description of the product, and a specific ingredient, or essential element.
- Avoid keyword stuffing in your title. The title should be natural. Stuffed titles can make your CTR (click-through rate) look sloppy and can be detrimental to your business.
- Amazon can make your brand famous by including the seller's name in product titles.
- Amazon Backend Keywords are important. These keywords are hidden keywords and are only available in the backend section. Amazon gives you 5 keyword lines with a maximum length of 250 characters for your backend keywords.
- Use bullet points and product descriptions to be persuasive. Make sure the copy is clear, persuasive, and natural.
- High-quality, large images of your product are recommended. Amazon Seller Central Product Images Guidelines Requires images that are at least 1,000 pixels in height and width
3. A blog to Increase Awareness for Your Amazon Brand
A blog that is focused on Amazon products and brands is a great way for customers to get information. You can blog about the benefits of your product, or even create a review website for Amazon products within your category. You may be able to showcase your products on this site. If you have an affiliate agreement, you can make affiliate revenue when a user purchases that seller's product.
4. Amazon Sellers: Instagram Marketing
After optimizing your Amazon listing for maximum visibility, you can build your brand through digital channels other than Amazon. Instagram is the most popular channel for physical product sellers. You will be able to showcase your products on the Facebook-owned photo and video platform and increase brand awareness. Here are some ways to get started.
- Create an Instagram page specifically for Amazon. You can connect an existing Instagram account to create a new page.
- In the header of your Instagram profile, add a link to your website or Amazon Storefront.
- Each image that you share should include a description as well as up to 30 hashtags. Use hashtags that are popular for your products to make your images more visible to more people.
- Each image that you share should include your contact information and a link back to your Amazon product page.
- You can share high-quality photos of your product by hiring a professional photographer, or even a DSLR camera. For Instagram, the best sizes are 1080x1080 pixels (square), 1080x1350 for portrait and 1080x608 for landscape.
- Follow influencers and brands. Instagram's norm is for you to follow others. You will receive a notification from the person you follow that you are following them. They may also check your profile out of curiosity.
5. Amazon Marketing on Facebook
You can leverage Facebook's largest social media network to drive customers to Amazon product pages if you have a Facebook page with followers. Facebook digital marketing allows you to post photos and videos of Amazon products, share information about the business and collect customer reviews. You can also interact with potential and existing customers. Facebook Messenger allows you to solve customer problems or provide customer support. Here are some ways you can market your Amazon products to Facebook.
- If you don't already have one, create one. Completion of all sections and inviting friends and business associates.
- Your brand's logo can be used as your profile picture and your product photos as your cover photo. Be creative and stand out from the crowd.
- You can customize the CTA button on your Facebook page. You're an Amazon seller and you want to sell more products. Display a "Shop Now” button on your Facebook page and link it to Amazon. You can customize the tabs of your Facebook page to highlight your most important products and information.
- Connect your brand's Instagram page to its Facebook page. This can be done by going to Settings > Instagram, clicking on "Connect Account",
- Use high-quality images of your products as you would on any social media platform. Regularly share updates. Amazon sellers should update Facebook at least once per day.
- To increase engagement with customers and followers, reply to messages and comments
- Participate in the discussions relevant to your products or business by joining the appropriate Facebook groups.
- Promote selected posts and products with Facebook advertising.